We are now at the end of First semester of academic year 2014-15. On the behalf of all FE teachers of Sinhgad College of Engineering I want to thank you for giving us platform of “MyExamo” as a very good tool for conducting mock online examinations and extra online practice of MCQs for the students. We appreciate your efforts of developing such a versatile tool for online examinations which is developed by considering not only the needs of students but also the needs of teachers.I personally discussed about the ‘MyExamo’ in our weekly meeting with the teachers of various subjects as well as few groups of students. From that discussion I want to put following points,
From teachers point of view,
1. Uploading the questions is very simple.
2. File format required for uploading is very simple (Word format).
3. Corrections in the questions can be made through admin login while uploading as well as after uploading.
4. Very good secrecy of the questions. No one can copy the questions.
5. Admin (Subject Teacher) can configure multiple tests for practice. The student can appear for these tests as per their convenience from home. All questions can be practiced by students online from home through student login.
6. Uploading tutorials, lecture notes is easily possible, student can download and refer.
7. Teacher admin get direct feedback from student about the problems in solving the questions, so that if the question is really wrong it can be corrected immediately. This feature helped all teachers to refine their question bank.
8. Offline conduction of mock tests by giving students some unexpected question is very effective and helpful for students.
From Students point of view,
1. Easy registration process.
2. Practice of questions is possible online even on mobile.
3. Get various notices from teachers through ‘MyExamo’ such as announcement of tests, university examination schedule and so on.
4. If the student has any problem while solving the question, it can be communicated through e mail directly to the subject teacher admin through ‘MyExamo’. This feature helped teachers also to correct their question bank time to time.
5. As told by most of the students, extra online practice of MCQs on ‘MyExamo’ from home or in the laboratories whenever they have time helped them to improve their result.
We have definitely improved our result of University online examinations of Phase I and Phase II by 5 to 10 %, quantitatively as well as qualitatively. by using ‘MyExamo’. Since we used this portal for one semester only and we expect more in the coming semester.
-Prof V K Chaudhari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
First Year Coordinator
Sinhgad College of Engineering, Vadgaon (Bk), Pune – 411041